Prenatal EducationFor most pregnant women, even if you already have a child, the labor and birth process can be both overwhelming and joyful. These classes are for women and their partners to gather information and lessen their anxiety.
Benefits of Prenatal Education
- Build your confidence in your body's ability to give birth by learning about the stages of labor and delivery.
- Discuss your fears about labor and birth with the instructor and other couples with the same concerns.
- Learn about childbirth and how to support you on the big day. Your instructor will discuss pain relief
options, including massage, relaxation, breathing, and medications.
- Learn about postpartum care and pain management.
- Learn how to care for your new baby, infant CPR/choking and feeding
- Take a tour of your delivery room and newborn nursery.
April 8, 2019 (6-9:00pm)
April 11,2019 (6-9:00pm)
July 8, 2019 (6-9:00pm)
July 11, 2019 (6-9:00pm)
October 7, 2019 (6-9:00pm)
October 10, 2019 (6-9:00pm)
Jenna McClain, RN
Whitney Davis, RN, CLC
"CLICK HERE" to register for an upcoming class or call (785) 284-2121 and speak with Julie Rieger.
Breastfeeding ClinicIt's been almost a year since Sabetha Community Hospital and Nemaha County Community Health Services formed a partnership for the provision of a Breastfeeding Clinic for moms and babes in Northeast Kansas. The clinic is located at Nemaha County Community Health Services - Sabetha Office.
Effective May 1, 2018, there will be new hours of operation for the Breastfeeding Clinic. Listed below are the highlights of the changes.
- Breastfeeding Clinic clients will now schedule individual visits on Tuesdays and Fridays between 8:30am-5:00pm. The Breastfeeding Clinic will remain located at NCCHS - 1004 Main St. in Sabetha, (785) 284-2152. Visits are expected to last around an hour.
- A prenatal consult between 36-40 weeks is HIGHLY encouraged! Really, this is ideal for any prenatal momma, as even those who choose NOT to breastfeed can experience breast changes.
- Misty Scott, RN, BSN, IBSCLC will be available to consult with ANY postpartum mom in the Sabetha Community Hospital, Monday through Friday, as able -- please have your nurse at the hospital, call and setup an appointment for your hospital consult.
- During the hospital consult, Misty will be talking with the moms (whether they are breastfeeding or not) about the Healthy Start Home Visit Program, in an attempt to encourage more Nemaha County (plus those in Morrill and Fairview) homes to take advantage of this free in-home service. If clients prefer, Misty can also provide this information at the office instead of a home visit. This is a great opportunity for a weight check and breastfeeding consult in the comfort of their own home. This is a FREE service, provided through the Maternal-Child Health Grant.
Again, the Breastfeeding Clinic is staffed by Misty Scott, RN, BSN, IBCLC. She has been a Certified Breastfeeding Educator since 2008. Misty is certified as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. She is very knowledgeable in lactation and is excited to help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals. If you plan on breastfeeding or you are already breastfeeding and have questions, please call Misty at (785) 284-2152.